Note: This time of year is always very busy for me. Last year, I hadn't really started blogging yet, so I was able to keep myself above the craziness. This year, I am. My blog is slightly inactive due to the holiday craze. Hopefully will return to the regular posting after the new year. :)

-Bri

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Review - Wild Child by Mike Wells

Wild Child by Mike Wells

Goodreads Link
Amazon Link


Kindle Edition
Overall Rating: 4 1/2 Stars


"A stream of the phosphorescent water streaked through the air like a green meteor. She started singing again, becoming completely engrossed in her euphoria."




    This book was so utterly interesting. It didn't seem like something I'd normally read, but I've been branching out a little further recently. It's a really fascinating book. I love how the author didn't wait very long to get into the action. I think around six pages in it started building up. And then around Chapter Five, you start racing through it, eager to see how it all lays out.
   It's a very fast paced book. It speeds along pretty quickly and you have to pay attention. That's one thing that I didn't like about it. It moved very quickly and once I was finished with it, I was left still wanting more.
   The characters are pretty cool. With this being in third person, you couldn't really connect with the characters as well as I would've liked to. But I did enjoy reading their story and I was rooting for Kyle and Briana.
   The plot's exciting and fun to read. You're wondering about the governments agents and what they'll do. You're worried about Briana. Will she get to the water soon enough? I think, weirdly, I was most worried about Kyle. He was stuck in the middle of all of this and I never knew if he was going to get hurt or not.
   I loved it, actually. I'm very glad that the author found me and asked me to review it. Otherwise, I might have missed out on this awesome novel. I'm very grateful for it! :)
   The main reason this has 4 and 1/2 stars is because of the ending. I didn't like it very well. It just made me sad. I swear, I teared up. It didn't feel right to me. *sigh*Ultimately, I really enjoyed reading this novel. I swear, I don't think I found a single error or typo. That's amazing, isn't it? It's just all really cool and fresh.

   You should give it a try. It's really different and interesting.








3 comments:

Jules said...

This sounds interesting and one that I haven't heard of before.

I am a new follower and just started following you on twitter as well.

I hope you are enjoying your current read -the hunger games, it is one that I have been meaning to get round to soon!

Jules

Paranormal Night Owls said...

Great book review. To be honest the book cover frightens me to death but it sure did catch my attention.

-Thanks for the a.esome review. I'll make sure to check this novel out some more if I can handle staring at that cover *shivers*

Brielle said...

@Akasha Thanks!

It creeped me out a bit, too. But it does represent a scene in the story very well. I think Briana looks a bit more insane than she actually is. :)

--Brielle

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! If you liked the post(or have any questions), then leave a comment! Thanks! :)

--Brielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...