Note: This time of year is always very busy for me. Last year, I hadn't really started blogging yet, so I was able to keep myself above the craziness. This year, I am. My blog is slightly inactive due to the holiday craze. Hopefully will return to the regular posting after the new year. :)

-Bri

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thank you - Readathon Post

    Great news! The readathon was AWESOME! :)


    I might be a little biased...




    I think what surprised me the most was the generosity of other book bloggers. That was simply amazing. We added a donation box because a few people were saying that they wanted to give away stuff and we ended up with 36 items. That is insane.
    I mean, this was just a little readathon and it completely took off. It started off as a little idea planted inside Tiffany's head and it blew up. All of a sudden, we had 20 signups. 30 signups. 40 signups. 50 signups. It was the snowball effect, really. By the time our little snowball had reached the bottom of the mountain (of books we needed to read, no doubt), we had 88 signups.
    I'm not going to scoop up all of the credit here. Honestly, the readathon wasn't even my idea. Sure, I contributed little pieces of it, but the one who came up with it was Tiffany King. We decided to have it on my blog. After a couple of days, we enlisted the help of Missy, Jaime, Racheland Patricia. Girls, thank you. Without you guys, this wouldn't have ever been this much fun.
    And, of course, all of you lovely readers and bloggers who participated. We did this for you! Conquering your TBR pile is hard. Often enough, when I do sit down and read for hours, I feel guilty because I have other things I should be doing. I know a lot of other bloggers get that, too. I hope the readathon got rid of some of that  guilt. It got rid of some of mine. Sorta. I panicked a lot because I was afraid someone would need help with something. It turned out being fine. I'm just paranoid.
    But what really blows me away is how much we read. By the time we finished, our count was 26,661 pages read! Can you even imagine that? Crazy cool.








3 comments:

newshadeofgreen said...

I'm bummed I wasn't able to participate in this one :(. Summer weekends are busy with outdoor stuff! I hope you guys host another one soon! ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

Unknown said...

Thank YOU for the readathon! I loved talking with everyone on Twitter :)

Unknown said...

SOOOO When are we gonna do it again? I'm so ready!!

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! If you liked the post(or have any questions), then leave a comment! Thanks! :)

--Brielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...