Note: This time of year is always very busy for me. Last year, I hadn't really started blogging yet, so I was able to keep myself above the craziness. This year, I am. My blog is slightly inactive due to the holiday craze. Hopefully will return to the regular posting after the new year. :)

-Bri

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

To Be Read Tuesday (#1)

Here are a couple of books that I'll be reading in the future.

Radiance by Alyson Noel 

This book is actually a companion novel to the Immortals Series, told by, instead of Ever Bloom, her younger sister Riley. I've actually already have this book, I got it for Christmas. I did enjoy the Immortals Series, from what I've read so far. The books are slightly depressing and hard for me to read. They aren't to hard for me to comprehend, the story is just tiring at times.

Riley, however, I've wanted to hear from for a while, much like Ever. I'm interested in seeing what's happened after she moved on. I did like Riley, although, having a close friend named Riley, I'm slightly biased.

 

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Actually, there's a slightly funny story behind this book. I saw Demonglass, which is the sequel to this book, on another another blog I follow. Upon reading a bit about it, I found that it sounded really interesting. I somehow, did not notice it was the second book in the series.
My friend read this book with no clue that I had ever know about the sequel. She loved it, and asked me to read her blog post on it. I saw the cover and was creeped out by how similarly it looked to Demonglass. After reading the review, I investgated, only to find on Amazon that it blatantly said Demonglass (Hex Halls). On Amazon, that usually means this is a book in a series, and not the first book.

Torment by Lauren Kate

 This book, or Fallen, has already been feature on my blog multiple times. I just love the story, it's very rich.
Not only that, but I love the covers so much! I went on and on with a friend about how much we wanted the dress and gloves that the girl was wearing on Fallen. Luce, I'm willing to fight you for the gloves alone, but I know several girls who want that dress a lot, including me.
Every time I see this book, I just want to grab it off the shelf and read it while we're there. Waiting to get it is, well, torment. I practically sat down in the middle of the isle at Walmart and read the second chapter, but I got a lot of weird looks. I kept having to look down at the page number, pretend to be "glancing", and put the book back on the shelf every time someone came into the book isle. After this person left, which occasionally took a while, I'd scoop Torment back up and read quickly until I had to put it back down. What can I say, I'm hooked. (Hint, hint, Dad.)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I know, I know, I'm way behind on this one! Most of my friends have read this series, saying only good things. I have no clue why I haven't read it yet. The plot sounds fantastic, the characters sound interesting, and the book itself seems to be written well (Walmart browsing again.)
I just really, really want to read this.


The Gift by James Patterson

I read Witch and Wizard and I loved it. I hate not knowing what's going to happen with Whit and Wisty, and I'm going crazy over it!

Once again, Dad, *hint, hint.*






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hex Hall and The Hunger Games are some of my favorite books!!! Happy reading! P.S. I think you are awesome blogger!!!

Brielle said...

Kare: They both seem to be very awesome. I seriously need to reed these. And I hear Peeta is a total sweetheart, which of course makes me want to read the Hunger Games. :D

--Brielle

P.S. Thank you! I think you're pretty, and please excuse the joke here, epic also. :D

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! If you liked the post(or have any questions), then leave a comment! Thanks! :)

--Brielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...