Note: This time of year is always very busy for me. Last year, I hadn't really started blogging yet, so I was able to keep myself above the craziness. This year, I am. My blog is slightly inactive due to the holiday craze. Hopefully will return to the regular posting after the new year. :)

-Bri

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Alex for the Win!


I don't know how many of you have read Half-blood, but I'm about to semi-fangirl over it. If you don't like that sort of thing, then you don't have to read this, but I still encourage you to vote (maybe for Alex? #icanalwaystry) in the tournament.

So, why should Alex get your vote? Other than the fact that she could probably kill you (Just saying!)? Well, because she's pretty awesome.

First off, she's hilarious. Being the witty girl Alex is, she always has the best comebacks, and they often come around during  the times when most other people would keep their mouth shut, but not Alex. She's brave - and a little rash - enough to speak her mind, and I like her for that. She's sarcastic and fierce, and willing to say what she feels, though maybe she doesn't always think it through first.

Secondly, she's tough. She can of course stab her enemies, - with everything from a dagger to a garden spade, as long as it's made out of titanium - but she's tough all around. She doesn't usually let insults get her down. She won't let people boss her around. She stands her ground and is definitely willing to yell at anyone who tries to make her do something she doesn't think is right. She will do things herself if she feels the need to, and she will not take no for an answer.

Thirdly, she is tough but not unreachable. How many times have you read a book with a kickass heroine, but they're just tough, and that's it? Not Alex. She's tough, but she cares. As I said above, a lot of the reason she rebels is because she wants to do what's right. Alex is fiesty, but, trust me, I think she's got a heart of gold (And I hate using that phrase.). She'll risk her life for others and she'll do it because she wants to.

If you need further convincing, you can check out Momo's defense for her here. Andandand, in celebration of Alex's win, Momo is giving away a copy of Daimon, Half-blood, and Pure on her blog! And also, (yes, there's more!) if Alex wins this round, Jennifer will post chapter sixteen from Half-blood from Aiden's POV. Which. Well. C'mon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! If you liked the post(or have any questions), then leave a comment! Thanks! :)

--Brielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...