Note: This time of year is always very busy for me. Last year, I hadn't really started blogging yet, so I was able to keep myself above the craziness. This year, I am. My blog is slightly inactive due to the holiday craze. Hopefully will return to the regular posting after the new year. :)

-Bri

Friday, June 17, 2011

Spring into Summer Readathon Updates!

**I had a Mister Linky fail and have apparently been linking to this post and not the new one. Sorry. Anyways, if you're here and you actually meant to be at Day Two updates, then just go here!

So, I totally missed the first challenge, but here's the update for that time period:

Update 1#:


  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: 103
  • Total time read: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Update 2#:


  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: Still 103.
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 0
  • Total time read: 1 hour, 10 minutes.
  • How I'm currently feeling: Glad to be able to start reading again!
Seems like I talk about books a lot. I like that. :)


Update 3#:

  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: 150
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 47
  • Total time read: 2 hours, 10 minutes.
  • How I'm currently feeling: I'm having fun! I guess I'm reading a bit slow, but oh well! I'm still doing pretty good, in my opinion.
And here is the strange little story I wrote, using the words Laser, lime, goat, and shaman.
*I do realize that this is over 100 words. By quite a bit. Sorry. I was really into Bumped and I was trying to hurry and write this so I could get back to reading it. Oh well. :|


The shaman stood atop the hill, which was not a hill, but actually a large pile of metallic ruins. His robe was not made of any normal sort of fabric, but more of a gray chain link mesh. There he waited, pointing his gun at the rubble, ready for the beast to come forward.
After a moment, the shaman was almost ready to give up, believing that the monster had been crushed by the debris. He lowered his gun, placing a hand over his brow to block the light from the sunlamp, and sighed. He knew that he should wait, that the brute could appear as soon as he left his post. He should stay here and guard his people.
The shaman bent to sit down, though the broken pieces of metal dug into his palms and made it hard for him to be comfortable. But he didn't mind it that much. The sharpness kept him aware. He looked down, to move his hand away from a particularly jagged piece, when he heard it. An awful sound, a screech, erupted from the rubble.
The shaman reached for his gun, ready to shoot. He looked up, aiming, and stopped in shock. The beast was horrible and frightening. It had the hooves of a goat, the eyes of a snake, and the teeth of a shark. It screeched again and the shaman could smell it's breath, which strangely reeked of rotten limes.
The shaman shook his head, shaking away the fear. He remembered his people, his friends and family, that would be hurt if he didn't succeed. Aiming quickly, he fired. The red laser beam shot from his gun and flew to the beast's chest, where his heart would be if the monster had one. It clawed at it's neck, trying to fight away the mysterious pain. Finally, the beast let out one last shrill cry and fell, tumbling to bottom of the rubble.
Sighing a breath of relief, the shaman dropped his gun. He could return to his people. He had won.

Update 4#:

  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 239
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 1
  • Pages Read since last update: 89 
  • Total time read: 4 hours, 30 minutes.
  • How I'm currently feeling: Just finished my first book. Looking forward to reading some more!
Here's my puzzle! See if you can guess what book it's for!








Update 5#:

  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 268
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 29
  • Total time read: 4 hours, 45 minutes.
  • How I'm currently feeling: Took a break to chat with some friends and eat dinner. Didn't really read that much. Back to reading completely now.

Here's my book sentence!

Anna & The French Kiss ruined Nightshade!





End of the day update:



Update 6#:

  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 369
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 101
  • Total time read: 5 hours, 54 minutes.
  • How I'm currently feeling: Still taking a break. Called someone and ended up talking for an hour. Better luck tomorrow? Ended up reading some more since the post said that we could update within 12 hours of when it went up. Getting into Nightshade now. I'm about 100 pages in. But I'm really tired and it's 3 o'clock in the morning right now, so I'm going to head off for the night. I might read some more, but it'll be updated later, because I'm turning the computer off right now.






  • What is the favorite thing you have read today? Bumped.








  • Which mini-challenge was your favorite? The Wordle. Or the puzzles.








  • What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon? Having inspiration to work on my huge TBR pile.








  • What has been your LEAST favorite thing about the read-a-thon? Probably the fact that I missed the beginning of it.








  • Are you on track to meet your goals? I'm a bit behind, but it's okay.








  • Will you be participating tomorrow? Do you have any new goals? Yes. Maybe to finish one more than I expected to. That's more of a hope, though, not a goal.







  • What are you currently reading? Nightshade.






  • 2 comments:

    DevouredShannon said...

    I love your Wordle! I have no clue on your picture title though! I am no good at guessing these!

    Brielle said...

    Hm. I think I made mine a bit too hard. Also, mine totally aren't the title, like everyone else's have been. Mine were hints about things IN the novel. Anyways, mine was:

    Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

    Scientists - Because science came up with the cure for love?
    No Love - For obvious reasons. Love is a disease in that novel, so..
    Where the Wild things are - This one was a bit hard. Okay, really hard. But because of the Wild? You know, where the invalids sometimes escape to?

    Post a Comment

    Comments make me smile! If you liked the post(or have any questions), then leave a comment! Thanks! :)

    --Brielle

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...