Note: This time of year is always very busy for me. Last year, I hadn't really started blogging yet, so I was able to keep myself above the craziness. This year, I am. My blog is slightly inactive due to the holiday craze. Hopefully will return to the regular posting after the new year. :)

-Bri

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day Two - Spring into Summer Read-a-thon Updates!





Update 1#:
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 369
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 0
  • Total time read: 5 hours, 54 minutes.
  • Currently Reading: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
  • How I'm currently feeling: I'm really excited to get reading. It's raining outside, too. Perfect weather to read to. Also, I've  music playing and it's mixing along with the patter of the raindrops quite beautifully. :) Random, but oh well.
Challenge: Put two characters from different series together (romantically or otherwise) and describe why they would be good together.

So, this was pretty hard. My choice is going to be Percy from The Percy Jackson Series and Alex from Half-Blood. Not romantically. They think sort of similarly and are both hilarious. There's also the deal of being related to Greek gods, even if one is closer than the other.
I'm fairly sure that didn't make any sense, but I guess that's okay. I am tired. :P





Update 2#:
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 399
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 30
  • Total time read: 6 hours, 55 minutes.
  • Currently Reading: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
  • How I'm currently feeling: I'm a bit tired and Nightshade is being a bit boring at the moment. Neither of these things are helping my page count. AT ALL. Must read faster. And I need caffeine
Mini-challenge:  Name one book you think should be taught in school, grade of your choice.

I think that 13 Reasons Why should be read in school, starting at either eight or ninth grade. It was a really life-changing, beautiful novel.





Update 3#:
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 425
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 26
  • Total time read: 7 hours, 15 minutes.
  • Currently Reading: White Cat by Holly Black
  • How I'm currently feeling: Nightshade was killing me. I had to put it down for now, because I cannot afford to waste much more time if I plan on making my goal! Switched a couple of times, reading a few pages of each thing, but settled with White Cat. Interesting and I like the writing style. This is a good sign. Now I just need real food, because all of that sugar I just ate is making me feel icky. :|
Mini Challenge: If you had bookshelves FULL of all of your favorite books, how would you organize them?

I'm pretty OCD with my bookshelf. It gets reorganized at least once a month. By that I mean, everything gets put back in the proper place. It doesn't change, unless I have to start a new shelf (Which is both happy and sad. More books, but less space!). I have hardcovers and paperbacks separated, on completely different shelves. ARCs and signed copies have their own little section, as well. All of the books are alphabetized by title (I never count "the." Sometimes I don't count "a/an." It depends on my mood.) and then by series. Swag is in a shoebox, appropriately labeled with "Swag!" and a random heart. The swagbox seperates overflow books from ARCs and signed copies.

Yes, I am OCD.



Update 4#:
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 430
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 5
  • Total time read: 7 hours, 25 minutes.
  • Currently Reading: White Cat by Holly Black
  • How I'm currently feeling: Gah. Failed horribly at this one. Got about five pages back into the book when my dad says that dinner is done. Crap. Next time. Next time. Next time?
Challenge: Create an anagram of your name/pseudonym.

...Well, this was better than the one I got for my first and middle name. (Lice rebellion.)

Update 4#:
  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 437
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 7
  • Total time read: 7 hours, 30 minutes.
  • Currently Reading: White Cat by Holly Black
  • How I'm currently feeling: Gah. Failed horribly. I read just a little bit and then fell asleep. And, of course, no one bothered to wake me up. :(

  1. What is your favorite book you read during the read-a-thon? Bumped
  2. Did you participate in any mini-challenges? Which ones? Almost all of them. I missed the very first one, due to me being away from a computer. And I missed the last couple because I fell asleep.
  3. Which mini-challenge was your favorite? The word puzzle one, even though no one got mine. Haha.
  4. What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon? Still the oportunity to just get over it and read! I didn't get to read that much (I'm blaming that on lack of sleep.), but it did inspire me to make a goal for myself. I thought, if I could read around 400 pages in a day, then maybe I could aim for reading one book everyday. Now, I doubt that would happen everyday, but it's worth a shot, right?
  5. Are you satisfied with how much reading you got done? Did you do more than you expected? Less? I'm a bit sad about not finishing more than one book. However, I am a little proud because I finished Bumped and I think that may have pulled me out of my recent reading slump.
  6. What did you think of the updates? Too close together? Didn't like the time limit? They were a little close together. I could still manage, though.
  7. If you could change one thing about the read-a-thon, what would it be? Well, it's not anything about the readathon, but more about what I did during the readathon. I wish I hadn't gone to sleep or tried to run on three hours of sleep and a lot of sugar.
  8. Would you participate in another read-a-thon hosted by Squeaky Books? Why or why not? Oh, totally! It was very organized and easy to do. I just ended up not getting much sleep the night before.
  9. Any last comments on the read-a-thon? It was a lot fun. Thanks for hosting it, Enna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! If you liked the post(or have any questions), then leave a comment! Thanks! :)

--Brielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...