Note: This time of year is always very busy for me. Last year, I hadn't really started blogging yet, so I was able to keep myself above the craziness. This year, I am. My blog is slightly inactive due to the holiday craze. Hopefully will return to the regular posting after the new year. :)

-Bri

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (2)



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome people over at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is:
 Top Ten Books You Loved But Never Wrote A Review For (either books you loved and couldn't bring yourself to write a review for or books that you read long before blogging...time to give them a shoutout!)


Here goes.




10. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls

I read this book years ago, but I really enjoyed it then. I don't exactly know how it would stack up with my YA books, seeing as how I both read more book and read books more critically. I did read this when I was pretty young (around 8, I think.), but I was in a higher class level for my reading, so I was with a group of older kids at the time. 





9. Searching for David's Heart by Cherie Bennett 

I know. I put this on the last one. But I did really love it when I read it, which was at least two years before I started this blog. I read it out of boredom in the summer between grades, when I had nothing better to do and nothing else to read.

This is one of the books that really got me back into reading after my sad little departure from it that lasted a few years. It's not really what got me into YA, but it did make me realize that reading was a love that you couldn't really lose if it was important to you.

8. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt

Once again, I read this one before I started blogging. I still really enjoy it. But, if you've seen the movie, reading the book will be slightly weird. In the film, I believe that Winnie is around seventeen and it's not weird for her to have a love interest. In the novel, she's eleven and it's entirely weird, but the plot makes more sense to me like that.

I think this one sort of started my slight love for some older books that are popular. I don't tend to read many of them, but I'm much more open to them now than I ever have been before.

7. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan 

I freaking love this series, but I won't review it for two reasons:

One, being that I read it so long ago it's not even funny. I don't review books that I haven't read recently. It doesn't work well for me. Rule of thumb, I guess.

Two, being that this is actually pretty popular. Everyone and their brother AND their uncle has read these books, so I don't really feel the need to review them. There's an abundance of review for these, so I think people will still be able to decide without one more from me.

6. Evermore by Alison Noel 

I did actually love this one for a while, but I have to admit it's kind of depressing and full of cliches. I'm in the minority, I think. A lot of people liked these, but I feel like it would've been better as a stand-alone and not as a huge series. I read Blue Moon and some of the third book, as well, but I got bored and stopped. 

But, I won't review these for the same reason that I won't review The PJ series - there are already enough reviews for them. Not to mention, I don't really want to review the sequel, either, for the above reason. 


5. Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis

I really loved this one for a while. My friend loaned it to me and I read it pretty fast. It was awesome.

But, once again, I sadly did not read this one close enough to the start of my blog to feel okay about reviewing it. I would reread it, but I have other books I need more than this one, and I have no clue if the friend even still has this book, because I haven't seen it on her shelves in forever!




4. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Obviously, this one will probably make a lot of the lists. I just don't want to review it because it has too much publicity already and I don't want all the random haters and the obsessed fangirls running rampant in the comments. It sounds crazy, but I've seen people freak out in the comments over this one.

I went through the phase, sure. Now, I'm indifferent. I've re-read some of them and something I thought was awesome really isn't that great compared to some of the amazing books I've read to the date.  I do thank Twilight for getting teens to read again, but I'm not a fan of it anymore. 

3. Fallen by Lauren Kate

I like this book. I used to love it, but I like it now. I think hype tends to kill the special coziness of books. Once everyone loves it, it's not as special and you lose focus and move on to another.

There are A LOT of reviews for this one. My review wouldn't really be much different. There'd probably at least one thing about how I want that dress and those gloves, about how they're pretty. 




                           2. Daimon by Jennifer L. Armentrout


I love this book. I loved Half-blood, too. But I didn't really know when to review this one or how. I was too crazed and too starry-eyed to try to form coherent thoughts. I just couldn't.


It's not that I didn't love this one. Oh my gosh, I did. But I had a lot of trouble with my Half-blood review (that will be up in the future, closer to the release date.), and I had even more trouble attempting this one. 


Long story short, it was not pretty. There were so many exclamation points.


1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling


For obvious reasons.


Also, I'm beyond positive that this one will be on EVERYBODY'S list. 














So, what are some books you can't review? And, if you don't have a blog, what would you skip on review if you did? Leave a comment and let me know! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! If you liked the post(or have any questions), then leave a comment! Thanks! :)

--Brielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...